Sunday 12 July 2015

The rebirth of Monster?



Wearing...
Zara T Shirt
Vintage belt

Last week I was invited to a lovely dinner at the Ham Yard Hotel, by the Monster team. I was very excited about this as I already had a pair of headphones that I love, but little did I know that I was about to meet Noel Lee, the innovator himself, and be inspired by the story of Monster, their humble beginnings and honest, passionate business.






I'd find this hard to believe, but you may not have heard of Monster before reading this. That's probably because you either aren't quite into audio that much, or you've been sort of brainwashed (just like me) in believing that Beats are 'the best' headphones you can get. I really hope that I'm about to change your mind.

I now have both, and can confidently say that Beats are NOT the best. When you listen with Monster, you will experience music unmatched in clarity and depth that gets you as close to the sound as possible -- with tight, deep bass, powerful dynamics and emotional impact. Every note, instrument 'entrance' and sound is heard so clearly you will feel like you are at the studio with the artist himself.



If you still don't believe me, just go to a store that has both brands and listen to the same song to compare...yup you will be just as shocked as I was in this picture when I realised the immense difference in the quality...



So perhaps next time you go online or in a store to buy your new headphones, think twice before purchasing Beats and go for the real Monster sound, the original quality.

For the past 35 years, Monster has been the leader for innovation and big ideas. From small beginnings  in a home garage in San Francisco, Noel Lee created groundbreaking technology (Monster Cable) for the industry and grew his company to continue to create some of the most exciting products in consumer electronics.

I bet you had no idea that it was actually Monster who engineered the original Beats headphones and sound, changing the world of audio and shaking it all up with headphones that would be one of the biggest hits and trends of our century.


Due to the fact that Monster were effectively cheated out of their contract and betrayed behind their back by Dr. Dre himself (some very complex legal issues I won't get into here), the Beats headphones no longer have the original Pure Monster Sound  technology and simply manufacture their own lower quality headphones.

Did you know that at one point, they apparently even added weights into their headphones to make them appear heavier?! The good news is, you can still get that original sound in Monster headphones.



NEW Monster 24K Headphones, £279.95





Pretty epic sound isolating ISport Victory Athlete's in-ear earphones, £129.95

Today, the company offers advanced connectivity solutions for professional musicians, home entertainment, computing, mobile and gaming, as well as high performance AC Power and conditioning products.

I was really impressed by the company's story, the business integrity and felt feeling very inspired by Mr Noel Lee. Although already an established and reputable company, could this still be a time of a sort of rebirth for Monster? Will we manage to change the minds of the converted once and for all? Will people passionate about music and sound really appreciate the brand and quality that is still affordable and stylish?

really hope so and I hope you love your Monster headphones as much as I do!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig