Thursday 20 March 2014

London Food: Gaucho Chancery Lane

You may have figured out by now that steak is somewhat of an obsession...I seem to go to a lot of steak restaurants, or just order it wherever I am...in my taco salad, in my pasta, in my pie at work....

Gaucho has got to be one of the finest steak restaurants in London, and the coolest thing about it is the whole experience...It's an Argentinian restaurant with the best Argentinian beef cuts...mmmm

Chandeliers, high ceilings, dimmed lights and big windows...makes you feel like you are in a mini modern manor house

The round booths are great for big parties


AMBIANCE *****
Really love the atmosphere in the Graucho restaurants...a dark place like that isn't for everyone, but there is something about this and having steak that really appeals to me...maybe I feel like I am in another dimension!! STK also have the same sort of ambiance...dark, sexy and alluring...and makes you really focus on your food rather than silly things going on around you.

SERVICE ***
The service was good, but a little slow. This may have been because we were situated on the balcony area and it was really busy downstairs, but we shouldn't struggle to find a waiter when we need one. Some of the best restaurants I have been in always have someone around to tend to all the tables so this would have been great. Our food took a little long to arrive as well, but when it did, boy was it delicious and worth the wait!

After our starter of chorizo sausage, we ordered our steaks and sides...

Yummy soft potatoes

Juicy!

DRINKS**
I had a mojito when we arrived, and some juice as I don't like to drink alcohol with my food. The mojito was great, but a little too strong for me unfortunately. Some people prefer it that way, though! The cocktail menu looks great, but is a little complicated and doesn't have your familiar ingredient mixes on it which kind of intimidated me...so I went with the safest option!

FOOD*****
For the starter, we had the Argentine chorizo sausage served on a grilled Romero pepper. It was much bigger than I expected, but delicious and went really well with the pepper. They also serve the infamous empanadas (rolled pastry with fillings) so would definitely recommend trying them!

For our sides, we ordered the soft, chunky chips and spinach. Both were absolutely delicious.

Then comes the best bit...there are several different cuts of meat, and the waiter brings you all the raw options on a wooden plank, explaining thoroughly what is on offer including what kind of marinade you can choose. I picked the Churrasco de lomo, a spiral cut sirloin steak marinated for 48 hours in garlic, parsley and olive oil (just the sound of that makes you love it before you even try it!). As you can see in my photos, it was devine. Succulent, soft, juicy and not at all chewy. The piece was quite large and so delish that I didn't really need any sides!

Strong cocktails, not for the faint hearted like me!

Gaucho also have private dining rooms, lots of wine, and cookery classes!

A meal for two with drinks, starters, sides and mains costs around £150

125 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1PU (More locations available across London)




Two interior images from LondonTown and Gaucho's website
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig