Monday 5 May 2014

Beauty: Burt's Bees haul

One day during my London commute I was handed a free sample of the Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm. I had never tried the products before, and loved using the lip balm ever since. It was very handy and small, smelled lovely and genuinely repaired and nourished my lips without them becoming dependent on it like with other products.

All Burt's Bees products are natural and sustainable, smell like nature itself and really nourish your skin. As everyone nowadays, I much prefer knowing where my beauty products come from and what ingredients I am putting on my face, so it makes it easier when companies like Burt's Bees have such a variety of products to choose from.

Even their packaging is cute with lots of lovely colours and drawings of fruit, bees, plants, etc.

I was really excited to receive a few more products from Burt's Bees to review, check out what I tried...


Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes with Cotton Extract (£5.99): These 99.1% natural and dermatologically tested wipes are skin friendly and great if you have trouble with using similar products (some sting my eyes). They remove make-up effectively, and cleanse and tone your skin at the same time. I still use my cleanser and toner just in case, though. The wipes are formulated with cotton extract to soften skin, rice extract to moisturise and aloe to calm.


Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion (£9.99): This big bottle of body lotion suits normal to dry skin and is a fast working moisturiser that dried as soon as I applied it. The combination of milk and honey smelled really nice, and my legs felt soft all day so I didn't have to re-apply. The ingredients also contain coconut and grape seed oils as well as vitamin E.


Orange Essense Facial Cleanser (£10.99): The 100% natural cleanser is formulated with an all natural plant-based cleansing complex, is sulcate-free and works wonders without overdoing the skin. After trying it for a week I already noticed my skin was becoming clearer and make-up came off easily. The zesty fresh orange oil works as a natural exfoliator and left my skin clean and refreshed.

Peppermint Foot Lotion (£12.99): People often forget their feet need as much TLC as the rest of their body, especially now when it's time for sandals. Thisfoot lotion has a hint of peppermint which smells great and slightly has a cooling sensation. The lotion works well on dry feet with the botanical blend of oils and extracts made from witch hazel, tea tree, parsley, rosemary and sodium bicarbonate to help neutralise mild foot odour. Other ingredients include peppermint oil, sunflower, wheat germ, coconut oils and beeswax.


Lemon & Vitamin E Body & Bath Oil (£9.99): The best thing about Burt's Bees products is that you really get your money's worth. The packaging is a generous size, the pricing reasonable for such a great quality product and the benefits last long. This oil is made of concentrated plant-based essentials oils and vitamins like lemon, sweet almond and Vitamin E for intense moisture. It's great that you can also use it in the bath, and the zesty lemon smell is amazing! It doesn't dry as quickly as the lotion if applied directly to the skin, but feels lovely and like I am in a spa :) Great for a little relaxing Sunday eve!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig