Monday 5 May 2014

London: Exploring Newington Green

If I don't go away somewhere during a Bank Holiday I always feel like I'm missing out...so I made sure I did lots this time round even though I stayed in London.

And the best thing about this city is that you can explore something new every time...


On saturday morning I made myself some scrambled eggs on sour dough bread, with a side of avocado topped with lime juice (the best combination ever, try it!)

I got this pretty plate on Portobello Road and it always makes my eating experience that little bit nicer :)


I then went to Tesco and bought some pretty tulips...I'm not a fan of them but these looked great and I like the vibrant yellow colour.

The glass bottles are from Homesense and a little Deli on Stroud Green Road where you can top up your wine.


I met my lovely mama at Warwick Avenue for the boat show, and luckily the weather was great all day. The Little Venice canal is a short walk from the tube station, and great for a short walk. The festival was filled with families and beautiful boats on display, as well as independent stands with food and other bits and bobs to buy.

The people who live on the colourful canal boats opened up their homes to us and we were able to take peeks inside where I saw lots of cute vintage kitchens and bedrooms.


We got some ice cream and continued walking down the canal...


On sunday my boyfriend and I decided to check out the Hackney Flea Market on Church Street in Newington Green (North East). We specifically went to check out the vintage market but ended up staying in the area for a few hours to explore.


I found these pretty vintage embroidered coasters for £5 at the market. You can also find similar ones on eBay.

There were lots of cute little cafes down Church Street, as well as shops, flower shops and gastro pubs where we stopped for some food and a good old Pimms!


We had a booking at Angel's Screen On The Green (Part of EveryMan) cinema so decided to walk from Newington Green to Angel...where we came across this small antique homeware shop on Essex Road called Mr All Sorts.

Apparently Harry Styles from One Direction shops here, so we had to take a look and see what all the fuss is about. It was full of randomly placed nick nacks, lights, large letters and all sorts (true to its name...) and the owner was really friendly. Definitely a good one to checkout once in a while to see what new stock he's got.


After some shopping in Angel's Camden Passage, we had another Pimm's and headed over to the boutique cinema Screen On The Green, to see Blue Ruin (2013). This cinema is AMAZING!!! There are 2-person couches instead of seats, with foot rests and tables. There is a bar behind you where you can buy some food, drinks and pop corn so we slightly overloaded on everything!

It was so comfortable and cozy, I will be coming back! 


On Bank Holiday Monday we headed to a pub called The Dissinting Academy near Canonbury.

I'm wearing:
Zara ripped skinny jeans
River Island sandals (sold out)
Zara bag (sold out)
Biked jacket from Iceland

We drank Pimms (again...) with edible flowers, ate the most amazing carved meat I've ever had, and gorged on the most amazing thick-cut chips I've ever had (no joke)!! The peppercorn sauce was pretty amazing, too.


Then came this EPIC pudding...don't think anyone expected such a dramatic presentation which was served in front of us, but it was pretty awesome.

The chef laid out a greaseproof piece of paper in the middle of the table, and proceeded to bring parts of the pudding over to us as we watched.

He placed the grilled pineapple, strawberries, thick chocolate ganache (yum!!!) and vanilla yoghurt mousse on the sheet, and sprinkled it with popcorn to finish.

You wouldn't be surprised to hear we finished the entire lot. I would highly recommend this pub for a sunday lunch!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig