Wednesday 24 September 2014

Beauty: Simple haul

A while ago I had run out of eye make up remover, and I just grabbed the next cheapest thing that I saw on the Boots shelves as I was in a hurry at the airport. I had no idea that Simple would then become my go-to brand for almost my entire basic skincare routine today!


The Kind to Eyes Eye Make-Up Remover (RRP £3.49) is just like it says on the cover...simple. The thing is, it works better than any other designer brand remover I have personally used in the past...including Dior and Garnier. It cleans any make up off the eyes quickly and efficiently, but without stinging or smudging which is the common problem I found with a lot of other brands. It is also gentle enough to use on the eye, but effective enough so that you don't actually need to apply too much pressure when using it. Perfection.

I was then sent the Purifying Cleansing Lotion (RRP £3.29) and Deep Cleansing Face Mask (RRP £3.99)to try out, and was just as impressed. The cleansing gel was very effective and I didn't need a lot of it to get my make-up off - just one cotton pad. This meant that the bottle has lasted me a good few months, whereas all the other lotions go a little quicker.

Like with all Simple products, what I love the most is that they are perfect for my sensitive skin. I think everyone should be careful with that they use on their face, and I also think that you don't need to spend a lot on the basics. These products are perfect for taking all my make-up off gently, with no stinging, and I know it all comes off without causing any strain or adding chemicals to my skin. I then use the No7 Protect & Perfect Anti Ageing Night Cream (RRP £23) as this is one of the scientifically proven products to work against wrinkles. I'm still only 25 but the earlier we start the better in my opinion!


Next I tried the Revitalising Eye Roll-On (RRP £5.49). I was a little sceptical about this as I have seen a lot of them on the shelves but never really believed that they work. How is a bit of cold liquid meant to wake up my tired eyes?? Thing is, it didn't necessarily do this but it did help with the puffiness, and it definitely helped my eyes open up a little more if they were tired or heavy. The roll-on created a slight cooling sensation as well as a tightening of the skin. It certainly isn't a miracle worked but it helps a little!

I'm now off to buy the Toner as I am completely hooked on all the Simple products so far!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig