Monday 14 October 2013

Beauty: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger products

I've been a fan of Paul Mitchell products ever since I started using the Super Skinny Serum to smooth down my hair when I straightened it. There are a lot of fab smoothing serums out there that eliminate frizz but this is the only one that I have tried so far that doesn't make my hair greasy too fast after washing and drying. I highly recommend it.

Moving on to the even more fab Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger range...

The range has a vast amount of great products, and the essentials kit I got was for gaining more 'waves, moisture and body'. The products come in small sizes, but they lasted me over a month and a half and you need to use very little to achieve some fantastic results.



Here's what was inside:

Moisturizing Lather Shampoo (£16.95 for 250ml, £41.95 for 1L)
Like mentioned before, if you buy the smaller sized version of this it will really last you a long time. 100% sulfate free, the shampoo offers gentle hydration and the keratin protein rebuilds and repairs. This shampoo lathers and lathers with the smallest amount squeezed out, and you can really feel the quality as you are using it. As they say, not all shampoos that lather well are of the best quality, but this one is definitely worth the money. It's so soft and smells so fresh that you would think you don't even need a conditioner. Afterwards, my hair smelled lovely and felt silky, super clean, smooth and bouncy. Who knew there was so much to say about a shampoo?

Keratin Intensive Treatment (£16.50 for 100ml, £23.95 for 150ml, £54.95 for 500ml)
After the shampoo, I used this concentrated keratin protein blend as a conditioner. The packaging states that it gives deep repair and protection from damage as well as intense hydration. I can of course just speak for the hydration and feeling, and my hair felt even smoother than with the shampoo alone. The smell is a strange one, but unusually pleasant as you get used to it...if you close your eyes on a hot day you might just feel like you're in some sort of woodland somewhere!

Keratin Cream Rinse (£8.50 for 100ml, £18.95 for 250ml, £46.95 for 1L)
I used this as the third step, letting the wonderful ingredients really go into my hair, massaging it into my scalp. This product is supposed to strengthen and protect your hair, helping it detangle and adding rich moisture and shine at the same time. Some people would probably say you don't need a three step routine for your hair, but I would use this method at least once a week. That way, you can save some of the products and elongate their usage, and your hair will stay silky smooth and bouncy all the time. It's all worth it, and you can definitely tell the difference!

Finishing Spray (£6.50 for 75ml, £17.95 for 300ml)
If you are doing an up do or want a strong but flexible hold (with no stickyness!) then this is the hair spray for you. When I tried it out after it had rained, it was pretty resistant and my hair wasn't getting curly from the humidity so it does what it says on the tin! The product is also supposed to offer UV protection, and has a nice texture but is also easy to brush out. I love this, there's nothing more annoying than coming home after a night out and having to fall asleep in your hair sprayed hair do because you can't get it out!

Hydrocream Whip (£9.50 for 70ml, £21.95 for 200ml)
I didn't use this one as much as my hair is quite voluminous but when I tried it out it certainly did work! I had a lot more volume which felt weightless, and still had a silky finish to my hair with no frizz. Again, you don't need a lot of this so it should last you a long time.

Texturizing Sea Spray (£6.50 for 25ml, £18.95 for 150ml)
This was my favourite! I love beach waves and that natural look you get from sea salt. Some people simply put salt in a spray bottle and use this, but I like to buy products that ensure a longer lasting finish such as this one. It gave me perfect tousled, beachy waves with just enough volume so it looked natural. My hair didn't feel stiff like with some other products I've tried, and my curls and waves had more definition. Perfect! Now all I need is a beach...

I got my essentials kit in this little box, but I think you can buy the products individually and pick and choose


This was one of my favourites - you can get beach waves with no effort, or beach!

Silky smooth hair and smelling divine!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig