Monday 13 October 2014

Beauty: My daily make-up routine

I have a fairly simple daily make-up routine...I get ready within half an hour and applying make-up only takes about 10 minutes max. I prefer to keep this really low maintanance, but also have that naturally tanned look with one strong feature such as the eyes or lips. Sometimes I apply a darker lipstick, or smokey eyes which obviously takes a little longer, but my usual daytime routine is a lot simpler with the usual products you would expect.

Over time, and as I have gradually been able to afford better quality brands, I have learned what I like and have been able to test out a lot of different products. Some of these are a little pricey, but are well worth it and last longer than 2 months. I find it better to invest into good quality make-up which in return means I will buy it less often, and so the costs work out about the same. Here are my favourites which I use every day...



BASE
Clinique Superprimer Universal Face Primer, £20
Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free foundation, £22.50
No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder in Translucent, £11.50

EYES
Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal, £3.99
Eyelash Curlers
Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Black, £24.50
Body Shop Slanted tweezers, £4.50
Nars sharpener, £6

CHEEKS
Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna, £27
The Body Shop Bronzing Blush, £17
Nars Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross, £25.50 (For under the eyes and over the nose)

LIPS
Mac Lipstick in Russian Red, £15.50
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, £18 (stays on all day/night!!)
Dior Rouge Dior Nude, £26
Laura Geller lip brush (Similar here)




The Body Shop blusher is great, but I wish it came in better packaging as it's really hard to hold sometimes...I apply this over my bronzer, and add extra on the bottom/inside of my cheeks.



I've never been into lipsticks until I got a little bit older, and my go-to shades are dark purple, dark red and shiny nudes. I mostly wear nude during the day and let the bronzer and eyeliner talk, and then I wear the darker shades in the evening or nights out to turn it up a notch with my usually simple outfits.


I've been using Diorshow for years - it really elongates my lashes and this new-ish curved brush with the Overcurl mascara is perfect.


A good brush makes a huge difference, I've only come to terms with this after years of denial because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on brushes. Once I started using this one from Body Shop I understood why they are so important...the distribution of the blush or bronzer is so much better, more even and lasts longer. I have yet to invest into a powder and foundation brush but they are next on my list!


This is my most recent purchase - the highlighting powder in Albatross by Nars. It has a lovely subtle golden shine when applied, and it looks really nice on top of my mostly matte make-up. I apply it under the eyes, on my forehead, above my lip and all over my nose!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig