Saturday 30 March 2013

Travel: Mallorca / Palma

Last year I went to the island of Mallorca, Spain for three days and had the best time. Palma is a such beautiful little city and it really pleasantly surprised me. It might have a reputation for being very mainstream, cheap and filled with regulars but it was much more than that. I stayed by the harbor on Paseo Maritimo and took a nice morning and evening walk after my steak dinner, spent a day shopping and walking around the centre, and another day on a boat snorkeling. I also went to Magaluf for a day but let's just say it's not somewhere I would go back to!!!

I would recommend taking a map and going out to the streets without guidance for adventure's sake, but if you want to be super organized the See Mallorca website has some great directions in detail here.

One of the best parts of the trip was how cheap everything in Zara was! I wish I'd bought more.Some photos below...

On the Paseo Maritimo by the sea...this street is filled with nightclubs, bars, cafes and restaurants

A horse carriage by the Catedral de Mallorca

The stunning Catedral de Mallorca

Very gothic

Interesting decorations on the walls by the Paseo Maritimo




Boat trip


Bikini from TK Maxx


Top bought on a street market in Palma

Great shopping street and area filled with cafes


Placa d'Espanya, where I took a bus and found small cafes, a long clothes market and lots of local buzz!



Cathedral grounds

At the Platja de Mallorca...an extremely long beach where you can take a bus from one end to the other


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© YES to adventure | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig